Get up and Keep walking !!!


To write a blog normally, I take inspiration from how and with whom I spend my days and nights… my relationships with friends of different kinds..sometimes from known strangers :) 

It’s been almost two months since I wrote my mind for all my friends who read my blog. I did promise that I will write often, but things haven’t been well with me as a person and hence the delay. Not that I am back to the best of my writer’s mind but today is a rare day when I found myself totally alone. Away from loved ones..away from even those who don’t care anymore.

This year has been a roller-coaster.. It included some of my best moments in life...there were moments which have been the “Top of my life” happy moments…there were days and nights which will be the saddest of my life of 33 years. There have been some compliments which made me feel on cloud nine …there have been comments that I wish I never heard. There were moments which made loved ones trust me with their deepest secrets and there have been promises that I broke which I had made in full conscious. And in the spate of just six months, I gave my closest friend, the best and the worst moment of her life!!! What a paradox!

But life moves on. Good things will have to end one day and so will be the bad things. What doesn’t change is man’s selfish optimism…that irritating hope… that all good things will last always and bad things will never happen.

Now, I get to know what it means when people say that the only way for a fallen person is to get up…life should move on. Yes, it has to. But how it moves is in the control of one thing. MIND!! The strongest part of our body. Nope..you pervert boys…that thing you thought is the hardest is actually not :-) it’s the mind !!

How you take a stick and beat life is what I have learnt from Beena..my sister. When life played a horrendous game with her, all she did was to not to lose the game but increased the stakes.…Wiped her tears and stared it back with her cute eyes…rolled up her soft little fingers into a powerful fist and gave the unforgiving life a thump on its face.  Thud!! Before we realized, she had taught all her loved ones what it takes to win this war and what’s life after death !!! an hero for all those who know her and an inspiration and example for all us when we have our shoulders down.

I was in Goa last week with my guru of life. We hired an Innova, tank full of gas, ipod full of music ( most of them played by DJ was about failed love..Kishore works wonders for a long drive ).  The curvy picturesque coastal roads of Goa were opening in front of us as the Toyota cruised… the drizzle and the amazing shades of never ending greenery.. the hills..lonely churches on those hills…the distant villages..the silent sound of sea breeze…by the time we had driven from North to South of the entire state.. I had changed as a person.

I realized that everyone do what they want to do to keep themselves happy first. It is OK to be selfish. Everyone makes a decision to keep their soul happy. And if you are by chance on the receiving end, try and appreciate why someone closed the door on your face. All that we do to our kids…is because it makes us happy in the first place. You fall in love, because it makes you feel nice. When you break up a relationship, that is only because it is not helping YOU anymore to feel happy… you love thy neighbour not because she is sexy..but because Jesus told you to do so..as it will make you feel better. You choose ..you make decisions…you take a call…from simplest things like a shoe to wear to the decision of marrying someone…Only to ensure that you are happy or feeling better.

All that talks of love, lust ,friendship is crap if it doesn’t make you feel nice. Think honestly and don’t be an hypocrite to ridicule me when you are reading this. Would you do the same things that you are doing in life now, if it eventually makes YOU sad… nope…none of you would do anything if it doesn’t benefit you.

When Akbar and Birbal had this debate over mother’s love is the ultimate love ; they made a real experiment with a baby monkey and its mother. They put both of them in a huge vessel, usually used to make Biryani and lit the fire. When the vessel started to heat up… the mother carried the baby in its arms and ensured its feet didn’t get burnt. As the vessel got hotter and hotter, the mother started to juggle on its feet and tried best. At last, when it was unbearable, the monkey dropped the baby and stood on it.

Sad . I know.

But that’s the instinct of all of us. We are the SUN in our solar system. Husband / wife / kids / lovers / dad and mom / friends / classmates / relatives / cousins  / fellow passengers / enemies / teachers / maids / colleagues / neighbours / evening gym partners / and all other acquaintances.. are all the planets which revolve around you…some come close to you in their orbit paths… some fade away…just to come back after a long time later again…some stay closer like a moon…meeting you everyday…being there for you everyday.. some are asteroids… they come..get close and breathe fire…but fade away never to be seen again..

Some are with you for a small journey…for a fixed time and be with you completely but go fly away into distant oblivion… But the most interesting ones are those who are weird…those who don't follow rules..those who care nothing..those who don't expect anything..those who hold onto you even if there is a change of equations between you both... they come from nowhere and just bang into you and become one of you ..lasting Forever!!

Adi

Comments

Niranjan said…
Addy, you are so right in so many things. Particularly being selfish, I find it so stupid when some one says they are not selfish etc etc. Its all crap!! All of them do things that make them happy and not for others (including reading this blog or commenting ;-)) Cheers and happy bloging :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Writing..Back to Life!!!

Hope.... When everything else fails.!!!

Friends....!!!!